- 20 Jun 2016
Who can access: all public sector
Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 20 June 2016 to 19 June 2020 (framework refresh in progress)
Category: ICT products - national
Single supplier framework for the provision of a range of tablet client devices and operating systems, and all associated services.
This national framework for tablet client devices is a re-let of the previous tablet device framework.
What is in scope
This framework covers: proprietary, open source and enterprise tablet devices, accessories and all services associated with the deployment of tablet devices.
It is anticipated that the majority of requirements for tablet devices will be met through the national framework.
What is out of scope
The framework does not cover:
- all desktop and mobile client devices
- peripherals (which are not included at the point of order)
Who can use this
The framework can be used by:
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- pther public bodies
The framework was awarded following a comprehensive tender exercise, in accordance with EU public procurement regulations.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
Benefits of this national framework include:
- significant savings when compared with current market pricing
- broader range of best in class, future proofed tablet client computing which meets the needs of a diverse range of use cases, on a fixed price call off basis, ensuring choice and value for money throughout the term of the agreement
- flexibility to introduce new and emerging technology through a process of continuous improvement
- increased focus on services to include, for example, deployment services and support, mobile device management, application development, volume licensing. The previous framework was particularly successful in terms of training, with over 2,500 teachers being trained in the use of devices for teaching and learning in the classroom. This framework will continue that focus
- options for packaging and the re-use of packaging together with options for re-sale, re-use, repair and WEEE management in relation to framework devices
- award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations
- one central point for ordering and contract management covering warranty, insurance and general supply enquiries, maintaining consistent service and pricing across Scottish public sector
- addresses the Scottish Government’s and Scottish public sector organisations’ aspirations with regards to ethical, social, economic, environmental and sustainability issues
Junction 24 Business Park
Information about pricing and terms and conditions for frameworks and contracts can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
A buyer's guide is also available from the XMA portal. Organisations should contact XMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to register for the portal.