Thank you for your request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) in which you asked 9 questions regarding Subject Access Requests (SARs).
We have checked all available data and can confirm the following information:
1. How many Subject Access Requests have you received from April 2022- April 2023?
The Students Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) received 24 Subject Access Requests during this period.
2. How long on average does it take to respond to each request?
The average amount of days taken to respond to the Subject Access Requests was 21 days.
3. How many requests are returned to the subject late? (either after 1 calendar month or an extension)
There was 1 Subject Access Request that was returned late to the subject.
4. Where are the records for the SARs kept? Paper, storage systems? Please be specific
The records are held within our electronic records and documents management system(ERDM) which is on secure electronic servers.
5. How large is your team which deal with subject access requests?
The team consists of three members of staff who as part of their duties deal with Subject Access Requests for SAAS.
6. Have you any plans to increase the size of your team?
Recruitment is subject to Scottish Government recruitment processes and workforce planning matters are kept under review.
7. How many employee SARs have you received (April 2022-23) and how many were responded to late?
We did not receive any Subject Access Requests from employees during that period.
8. Who holds the budget for this issue within your organisation?
The budget is held by the Director of Strategy and Operations within SAAS.
9. What is the estimated cost to the business per SAR? (employee and end user)
The cost to SAAS of handling subject access requests consists solely of internal time and resource which is not recorded. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Students Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback