Please supply the following information contained within your records:
- The staffing structure within Redress Scotland, including job titles and corresponding pay grades.
- The current pay scale for each pay grade.
- The number of employees in each pay grade.
- The percentage of employees in each pay grade who are female and male.
- Please advise if you use outside contractors.
- How many outside contractors from the beginning of Redress Scotland until present date have you given contract to?
- Please advise all specific roles/projects that have been filled with contractors?
- Please state for every role/project, pay grades per day and the total amount paid to for all contracted work, please break this down month on month from inception of Redress Scotland to present date?
- Please also give the total costs into specific role/project and then break that down month on month from inception of Redress Scotland and today’s date.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have some of the information you have requested.
We do not have details of the staffing structure within Redress Scotland, job titles, corresponding pay grades for each role, nor the number of employees in each pay grade who are female and male.
The law that set up Scotland’s redress scheme is the Redress for Survivors (Historical Child Abuse in Care) (Scotland) Act 2021 which was given Royal Assent in April 2021. This Act also established the public body, Redress Scotland. The Scottish Government delivers the scheme alongside Redress Scotland, by handling applications and supporting survivors through the process, whilst Redress Scotland makes decisions about redress applications.
During the start-up and implementation phase of Redress Scotland during 2021, and establishing it as a public body, contractors/agency workers were employed by the Scottish Government to carry out some initial key roles.
Contracted agency workers were appointed to 12 time limited roles. The individuals were recruited from five agencies. The roles were:
|Role||Daily Charge Rate* (excluding VAT)|
|HR Business Partner||£369.00|
|Finance Business Partner||£590.00|
|Learning and Development Manager||£319.00|
*Please note that the daily charge rates shown above include the daily pay/wage rate plus daily commission rate as applied by the respective agency.
The total amount paid for the contracted work is as follows:
We only hold information within the scope of your request, from mid-2021 when the workers were appointed, until February 2022 when Redress Scotland took full responsibility for managing its own resources. The start-up costs were subsequently invoiced to Redress Scotland and reimbursed to the Scottish Government.
We have interpreted your last question to mean the total cost of specific roles/projects in relation to those who work for Redress Scotland. We do not hold this information.
Although the Scottish Government does not hold all of the information you have requested, you may wish to contact Redress Scotland at email@example.com who may be able to help you.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback