1. Analysis of Written Responses to the Consultation on Social Security in Scotland (2017) http://www.gov.scot/Topics/People/fairerscotland/Social-Security/SG-Response
3. Scottish Surveys Core Questions 2014
6. Scottish Surveys Core Questions 2016
7. Scottish Surveys Core Questions 2014
8. Figures for 2017-18, SPS annual reports http://www.sps.gov.uk/Corporate/Publications/Publication-6020.aspx
10. Harrington and Bailey, 2005 - Prison Reform Trust Report: "23% of children who offend had an IQ of under 70, ('extremely low' - clinical learning disability diagnosis), 36% had an IQ of 70-79 - 'borderline' learning disability diagnosis."
11. Scottish Government, 2016-2017 - Criminal proceedings in Scotland 2016-17: statistics: Males accounted for 83 per cent of all people convicted in but represented a higher proportion of all custodial sentences (92 per cent) totalling 11,656 men.