Theme 1 - zero emissions heating systems for social housing across Scotland
Theme 1 focuses on supporting the development of projects that can deliver innovative technologies and integrated zero emission heating systems that deliver reliable, affordable heat to social housing in all parts of Scotland. The following technologies are eligible for funding
- air souce heat pumps
- ground source heat pumps
- water source heat pumps
- biomass boilers
- connection to existing heat networks
- high heat retention storage heaters. These will only be considered eligible in conjunction with solar panels, battery storage or another source of renewable electricity generation. Projects that connect directly to the grid will not be considered eligible.
The following technologies can be considered in conjunction with zero emission heat solutions:
- solar panels
- battery storage
- thermal storage
Theme 2 – “Fabric First” energy efficiency only projects
Theme 2 is to support the development of projects that are focusing on installing energy efficiency measures within social housing. This must be with the aim of:
- supporting the sector to help meet the EESSH2 milestone for all social housing
- meeting or to be treated as meeting EPCB,
- be as energy efficient as practically possible by the end of December 2032.
Projects will required to demonstrate a commitment to installing eligible zero emission heating systems in these properties in the future.
These projects will not be able to match fund with loan funding and must be completed by 31st January 2022.
The following measures are eligible for funding:
- loft insulation
- double or secondary glazing
- under-floor insulation
- heating controls
- storage heaters
- internal wall insulation
- solid wall insulation
- waste water heat recovery systems
- thermostatic radiator valves
- cavity wall insulation
- hot water tank and pipe insulation
- replacement of secondary heating
- room-in-the-roof insulation