Attendees and apologies
Stuart Currie, Vice Chair, Independent Review of Inspection, Scrutiny and Regulation (IRISR)
Practitioner and Stakeholder Panel Members (the panel)
- British Association of Social Workers
- Coalition of Care and Support Providers (CCPS)
- Inclusion Scotland
- National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA) Scotland
- People Led Policy Panel – 2 representatives
- Queen’s Nursing Institute Scotland
- Scottish Care
- Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs
- Social Work Scotland
- The Health and Social Care Alliance (The Alliance)
- The Promise Scotland
- The Scottish Young Carers Services Alliance Network
Scottish Government personnel and secretariat
- Kerry Brooks
- Arlene Crockett
- Daniel Nagy
- Adoption UK
- Care Home Relatives Group
- Carer Centres Managers Network
- Coalition of Carers in Scotland
- Community Justice Scotland
- Royal College of Nursing
- Scottish Adoption
- Self-Directed Support Scotland
Items and actions
Approval of minutes from March meeting
The panel approved the minutes.
Theme 5 - how will systems of inspection scrutiny and regulation support the workforce
A discussion took place on theme 5 with panel members sharing their experience and expertise.
Panel members offered practical examples of inspections from the perspective of the workforce, and emphasised the importance of assessing the context in which social care support is provided. The panel then explored a range of approaches that would support and develop the workforce, and facilitate continuous improvement.
The panel also discussed registration, qualification and the importance of focusing on the wellbeing of the social care support workforce, as well as standards and resources.
Any other business
In regard to payment to panel members with lived experience, a member of the secretariat confirmed that responses would be issued shortly.
The next panel meeting will take place on Tuesday 9 May 2023 from 2pm to 4pm via teams.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback