Contract status: in progress
Dates of contract: 2 August 2019 to 1 August 2021
Category: ICT services and software - national
This new Server and Infrastructure Maintenance single supplier framework was awarded to Park Place Technologies Ltd. This replaces the previous framework which expired in June 2019, and shall continue to support the Scottish Government's digital strategy.
What is in scope
The scope of the framework agreement is for the provision of server maintenance services including but not limited to:
- all server types including Blade, Rack and Tower options. Server maintenance will include all internal server components, for example, processor, memory, hard-drives and any internal cards
- local area network (LAN) switches: maintenance services appropriate to switch hardware only. (Associated cables and adaptors are not to be included)
- tape drives and tape libraries: maintenance services for peripheral devices attached directly to server or LAN
- keyboard video monitor switch (KVM): hardware maintenance only
- network attached storage (NAS) devices: hardware maintenance only. (Configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included)
- storage area network (SAN): maintenance services for hardware only including individual disk or shelve replacement. (Configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included)
- uninterruptable power supplies ( UPS) – hardware maintenance only.
Optional maintenance services requirements:
- operating system: (including Windows, Unix, Linux and Solaris) - maintenance service relates to the operational readiness and security of the system which includes Operating System re-installation and application of security patches and service releases
- firmware: maintenance services relating to installation of firmware for server components, LAN switches and applicable peripheral devices. (SAN firmware is not to be included)
- equipment moves: this will include internal moves within current location and/or external moves to another location
What is out of scope
For the avoidance of doubt, the following service is not in scope and cannot be offered under this framework agreement:
- IT desktop maintenance
Note: There are other routes to market for desktop maintenance, the new Digital Technology Services - DPS, we would encourage that this be considered as it may be more appropriate for your requirement.
Who can use this
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- other public bodies
Full details will be available on Public Contracts Scotland system in due course.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use server and infrastructure maintenance when it is available to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
Contract award notice
Please see the following contract award notice for full details:
- server and infrastructure maintenance framework agreement - ocds-r6ebe6-0000595999
See attached framework document for further information.
- The framework is in line the Digital Public Services Strategy and supports the Scottish Government Data Hosting and Data Centre Strategy for the Scottish public sector
- Technically competent and achievable solutions for Scottish public sector organisations
- The framework provides best value across Scotland with savings achievable through collaborative use of the framework
- The framework addresses the Scottish Government’s aspirations with regards to social, environmental and sustainability issues
- This award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations
Park Place Technologies Ltd
See attached buyer's guide for more information
Information about pricing and terms and conditions for frameworks and contracts can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this and are eligible to use the framework please complete the registration form and send it to one of the Scottish Procurement contacts listed below.
Senior Portfolio Specialist
Phone: 0141 242 0207