Contract status: in progress
Dates of contract: Approximately August 2019 to 2021
Category: ICT services and software - national
This new Server and Infrastructure Maintenance Framework will replace the current Server Maintenance Framework which expires in June 2019 and shall continue to support the Scottish Government's digital strategy.
An OJEU notice was issued on PCS at the end of April 2019.
Contracts will be awarded by direct award, issued by Scottish public sector organisations through the framework.
What is in scope
The scope of the framework agreement is for the provision of server maintenance services including but not limited to:
- all server types including Blade, Rack and Tower options. Server maintenance will include all internal server components, for example, processor, memory, hard-drives and any internal cards
- local area network (LAN) switches: maintenance services appropriate to switch hardware only. (Associated cables and adaptors are not to be included)
- tape drives and tape libraries: maintenance services for peripheral devices attached directly to server or LAN
- keyboard video monitor switch (KVM): hardware maintenance only
- network attached storage (NAS) devices: hardware maintenance only. (Configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included)
- storage area network (SAN): maintenance services for hardware only including individual disk or shelve replacement. (Configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included)
- uninterruptable power supplies ( UPS) – hardware maintenance only.
Optional maintenance services requirements:
- operating system: (including Windows, Unix, Linux and Solaris) - maintenance service relates to the operational readiness and security of the system which includes Operating System re-installation and application of security patches and service releases
- firmware: maintenance services relating to installation of firmware for server components, LAN switches and applicable peripheral devices. (SAN firmware is not to be included)
- equipment moves: this will include internal moves within current location and/or external moves to another location
What is out of scope
For the avoidance of doubt, the following service is not in scope and cannot be offered under this framework agreement:
- IT desktop maintenance
Note: There are other routes to market for desktop maintenance, the new Digital Technology Services - DPS, we would encourage that this be considered as it may be more appropriate for your requirement.
Who can use this
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- other public bodies
Full details will be available on Public Contracts Scotland system in due course.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use server and infrastructure maintenance when it is available to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
To be advised
Buyers: a buyer's guide will be available in due course
Suppliers: a supplier's guide will be available in due course
Information about pricing and terms and conditions for frameworks and contracts can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this and are eligible to use the framework please complete the registration form and send it to one of the Scottish Procurement contacts listed below.