In respect of the ScotZEB Phase 1 grant award to Fife Scottish Omnibuses Ltd T/A Stagecoach East Scotland for the sum of £7,329,923 for 32 electric buses, can you please advise:
1. Whether the grant agreement specifies the routes the buses shall operate on.
2. the route numbers specified within the grant agreement.
3. any geographical limitations specified with the grant agreement on the vehicles' areas of operation.
4. details of any penalties for failure to operate the grant-funded vehicles on the routes or in the geographical boundaries specified in the grant agreement.
The answer to your question is:
1. The grant agreement does not specify the routes that the buses shall operate on.
2. answered above, though the route numbers provided on the application for ScotZEB Phase 1 funding were for Dunfermline routes 1 / 2 / 3 / 5; Kirkcaldy routes 34 / 35; Perth routes 3 /4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 / 14A.
3. the grant agreement states "The lease or purchase of zero emission buses (ZEBs) to run in Scotland on registered local services for a period of at least five years."
4. The Scottish Ministers may re-assess, vary, make a deduction from, withhold, or require immediate repayment of the Grant or any part of it in the event that the Grantee fails to carry out the Project or progress on the Project is not satisfactory.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback