- 1 Apr 2018
SPPNs provide advice to public sector organisations and other relevant bodies on procurement policy.
These were written at a given point in time and, while the majority of principles, guidance and individual references to legislation, web links etc. will still be relevant some of these might also have been superseded. This means some caution shoud be exercised when reading them.
The Procurement Journey website is the main source of procurement best practice guidance for use by the Scottish public sector. It provides the most up-to-date source of information on many of the subjects covered by the SPPNs.
If you are in any doubt about a specific subject matter you should refer to the Procurement Journey in the first instance.
Thereafter, any other questions about individual SPPNs should be directed to Scottish Procurement, using the contact details at the bottom of this page.
- SPPN 1/2019: procurement legislation in Scotland in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit
- SPPN 2/2019: update - procurement legislation in Scotland in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit
- SPPN 3/2019: transposition of the EU Electronic Invoicing Directive
- SPPN 2/2018: changes to data protection legislation: April 2018
- SPPN 1/2018: annual procurement reports, revised procurement strategies and notifying Scottish Ministers: March 2018
- SPPN 5/2017: EU procurement thresholds from 1 January 2018: December 2017
- SPPN 4/2017: reserving contracts for supported businesses: November 2017
- SPPN 3/2017: speculative framework agreements: July 2017
- SPPN 2/2017: change to tax legislation that may apply to temporary or interim workers-IR35: March 2017
- SPPN 1/2017: implementation of building information modelling within construction projects: March 2017
- SPPN 12/2006: important change to tax legislation that may apply to temporary staff (off-payroll working): December 2016
- SPPN 11/2016: procurement strategies and notifying Scottish Ministers: February 2016
- SPPN 10/2016: implementation of project bank accounts in construction contracts: February 2016
- SPPN 9/2016: ensuring compliance with environmental, social and labour laws: March 2016
- SPPN 8/2016: EU procurement thresholds from 18 April 2016: March 2018
- SPPN 7/2016: update to guidance on the procurement of care and support services (best-practice): March 2018
- SPPN 6/2016: European Single Procurement Document (Scotland): March 2018
- SPPN 5/2016: publication of statutory guidance under the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014: April 2018
- SPPN 4/2016: procurement activity during the Scottish Parliament election period: June 2018
- SPPN 3/2016: guidance on the application of social issues for projects with a significant steel composition: September 2018
- SPPN 2/2016: changes to the rules on public procurement in Scotland arising from the Utilities Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2016 and the Concession Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2016: October 2016
- SPPN 1/2016: update on the implementation of the provisions of the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014 and the European Single Procurement Document: January 2016
Advice notes prior to 2016 can be found on the gov.scot archive.
The Scottish Government
5 Atlantic Quay