- 1 Aug 2018
The Collaborative and Scottish Government Procurement Division (C&SGPD), part of the Scottish Procurement and Commercial Directorate (Scottish Procurement), is responsible for providing professional procurement services and collaborative procurement arrangements to Scottish public bodies.
In order to carry out its functions, C&SGPD is required to process personal information. The types of data we hold and the reasons we are required to process it are set out below.
We may collect information (including name, email address, business address, telephone number) from you for the following purposes:
- to respond to your queries or requests when you contact us. We will route your messages to the relevant team
- to contact you about procurement related matters including framework information and updates
- to send you Newsletters and satisfaction surveys
- to send you general correspondence about relevant procurement related matters and services that may be of interest to you or your organisation
- to advise you of training, e-learning, webinars and virtual meetings
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your data is for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in relation to business interests.
Information will be passed to the relevant C&SGPD team members to allow them to respond to your queries or to send you updates on procurement related matters.
Your information may be shared with framework suppliers where you have opted to buy from that framework.
As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it may be shared with our data processors who provide email, document management, e-learning, surveys, webinars and storage services.
We will only keep your information while there is an ongoing business need or regulatory requirement to retain the information.
Where the personal data is processed on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
On each newsletter we send to you there will be an option to unsubscribe. You can click on this link within a newsletter at any time. You can also contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your name from the distribution list.
Automated decision making
Your personal data will not be subject to automated decision making.
You have the right:
- to request information about how your personal data is processed and to request a copy of that personal data
- to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay
- to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed
Find out more about your right to access personal information.
Scottish Procurement and Commercial Directorate
3A-South, Victoria Quay
Edinburgh EH6 6QQ