- The total amount of funding awarded by Scottish Government to Scottish Enterprise each year, including funds administered on its behalf.
- The total amount of funding directed by Scottish Government to Scottish Enterprise towards: a. the cost of running offices in Belgium, including costs relating to leasing the building and equipment; and b. staff costs relating to the offices in Belgium, including salary costs and expenses.
- The most recent audit into the Scottish Government’s funding of Scottish Enterprise in Belgium.
- The most recent business case relating to the funding of Scottish Enterprise offices in Belgium.
- Identify why Scottish Enterprise has staff located in Belgium.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have some of the information you have requested as its relates to operational matters for which Scottish Enterprise is responsible.
- The amount of funding Scottish Enterprise receives from Scottish Government varies year to year. For example in in 2022-23, SE’s initial budget allocation from the Scottish Government was £269.22m. The Scottish Government transferred an additional £100.304m to Scottish Enterprise during 2022-23.
- a. The Scottish Government pays a contribution to the annual running costs of Scotland House Brussels. For the financial year 2021-22, the Scottish Government's contribution was €288,000. b. The Scottish Government does not direct funding to Scottish Enterprise specifically for staff costs relating to Scotland House Brussels. Scottish Enterprise is responsible for its own staffing costs.
- Scottish Enterprise’s annual accounts include information on its overseas offices and staff. These are published on Scottish Enterprise’s website: Accessing our information - Scottish Enterprise.
- The most recent business case relating to Scotland House Brussels is attached. Certain information including the appendices have been withheld under exemption 33(1)(b) - substantial prejudice to commercial interests.
- We recommend that you contact Scottish Enterprise for information on the roles and responsibilities of its staff located in Belgium, as this is an operational matter for the agency.
The link below provides information on Scottish Government's International Offices, including Scotland House Brussels: International Offices of the Scottish Government: FOI release - gov.scot.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 8 page PDF
- File size
- 134.6 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback