Developing this strategy has been a significant and collective effort and we are grateful for the advice, expertise and insight received from many quarters.
There were more than 260 responses to our semi-formal consultation which set out the challenges we face and offered creative and ambitious solutions for the economy we want to see going forward.
Industry Leadership Groups, Regional Economic Partnerships, the Enterprise and Skills Strategic Board along with our enterprise and skills agencies helped us shape and test our vision, approach and actions.
We have worked closely with business organisation representatives and a wide range of stakeholders to ensure those interests are reflected in the strategy.
The recommendations from the recent citizens' assemblies have also been considered throughout the development of the strategy.
Lastly, the support and guidance of the Advisory Council for Economic Transformation has been invaluable in guiding the programmes which collectively will transform the Scottish economy.
We thank the following:
- Maggie McGinlay, Chief Executive Officer of Energy Transition Zone Ltd
- Lynne Cadenhead, Chair of Women's Enterprise Scotland
- Chris van der Kuyl, Founder, owner and chairman of 4J Studios
- Sean McGrath, CEO of Entrepreneurial Scotland
- Dame Sharon White, Chair of John Lewis Partnership
- Mark Logan, Tech expert and former Chief Operating Officer of Skyscanner
- Lord Nick MacPherson, Former Permanent Secretary to the Treasury
- Sir Anton Muscatelli, Principal of the University of Glasgow
- Jamie Grant, Managing Director and Head of Corporate Banking Scotland, Barclays
- Roz Foyer, General Secretary of the Scottish Trades Unions Congress (STUC)
- Professor Graeme Roy, Dean of External Engagement at University of Glasgow
- Jackie Brierton, CEO of GrowBiz
- Cllr John Alexander, Chair of Scottish Cities Alliance and Leader of Dundee Council
- Professor Mark Blyth, Director of the William R. Rhodes Centre for International Economics and Finance at Brown University
- Professor Mariana Mazzucato, Professor in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value, University College London, and founder of the UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose
- Emma Parton, Founder of Highland Soap company
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback