Scotland's International Framework: Pakistan engagement strategy
Outlines key areas of engagement between Pakistan and Scotland.
Strategic Objective 1 - Global Outlook
To enhance Scotland's global outlook, we will embed internationalisation and create an environment which encourages knowledge exchange. We will provide targeted support to our people, businesses and institutions to help them to seize international opportunities. We must also understand the impact of our work on others.
Trade, Investment and Enterprise
The Government of Pakistan's focus remains on ensuring macroeconomic stability and growth as well as mobilising domestic resources and increasing exports  . Pakistan is a developing market with a young and growing population, with 35% of the population now living in urban areas  . Areas of interest where Scotland is well placed to assist include infrastructure development, renewable energy, water, financial services, food and drink, healthcare and retail. Scotland is a global leader in its policies to develop social enterprise and will share expertise with Pakistan in this area, including through supporting the Social Enterprise Academy, to seek a partner to open a branch of the Academy in Pakistan. This way, Scottish expertise can be used to help develop the growing social enterprise sector in Pakistan.
What is our long-term ambition?
- Increase trade with Pakistan.
- Help support Scottish companies to successfully access Pakistan's markets.
- Encourage frequent exchange of business delegations in both countries, resulting in long-term sustainable relationships.
- Enhance the reputation of Scottish business in Pakistan.
- Encourage increased investment from Pakistan into Scotland.
- Support strengthened and fairer economies through social enterprise development.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback