Before you apply
- Has your community body been properly formed as either a
- Company limited by guarantee
- Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Community Benefit Society
- A body corporate with a written constitution (only to be used where nominating a third party purchaser)?
- Have you received your compliance letter? (See Step 1 below)? Please note that this must be done before any of the other steps noted immediately below.
- Have you requested a transfer of the land from the owner or, where the application is to buy a tenant's interest, the assignation of the tenant's interest (at least 6 months prior to applying? (and by land we mean land, buildings, inland waters, canals and the foreshore).
- Have you conducted a ballot of the eligible voters in your whole community (within the 6 months preceding your application) to demonstrate approval of the proposal to exercise the right to buy and sent the result to the Community Land Team (within 3 weeks of the result)? Please note that if submitting your application before the end of the 3 week period, the ballot results must be submitted with the application form.
If you answered No to any of these questions, you cannot submit an application under Part 5.