- Has the Scottish SPCA review been completed?
- If so, when was the review report submitted?
- When do you plan to publish the review report?
- How many organisations and individuals were invited to provide evidence to the review committee?
- Please provide the names of the organisations invited to provide evidence and the names of the organisations that actually participated.
- Please explain how the organisations were selected to participate.
1-3. We are giving careful consideration to the outcome of the review and expect to publish the report prior to summer 2023.
4-5. Please find below a list of organisations who were invited to share their views, give evidence or engage directly with the review. All of those organisations who were invited chose to participate.
- Police Scotland
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS)
- National Wildlife Crime Unit (NWCU)
- Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SSPCA)
- RSPB Scotland
- British Association for Shooting Conservation (BASC)
- National Farmers Union Scotland (NFUS)
- Scottish Land and Estates (SLE)
- Scottish Gamekeepers Association
6. The review was conducted independently of government and therefore the selection of participants was at the discretion of the Chair, however the Scottish Government provided a list of key stakeholders and those who had previously engaged with us on the matter of SSPCA powers.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback