8. Areas for Future Consideration
The HPB Cancer QPI Groups have not been able to identify sufficient evidence, or determine appropriate measurability specifications, to address all areas felt to be of key importance in the treatment of HPB cancer, and therefore in improving the quality of care for patients affected by HPB cancer.
The following areas for future consideration have been raised across the lifetime of the HPB Cancer QPIs.
- Surveillance and screening of patients with chronic liver disease for the development of hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Specialist pathology reporting for hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Palliative chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer.
- Surgical volumes for resection of primary liver cancer.
- Timing and outcomes of biliary intervention in patients with malignant biliary obstruction.
- Surgical margin rates
Email: Chris Booth