1. Winter and spring varieties of wheat are not identified separately in the June Census as wheat is nearly all winter sown. The comparison in this chart is therefore between the December figure and the total June figure.
2. Data on arable silage excludes holdings of less than one hectare which account for approximately 0.03% of arable land
3. This refers to female beef cattle aged two years and over, with offspring. If all female beef cattle aged one year and over are considered, there was a 1.2 per cent decrease to 671,000.
4. This refers to female dairy cattle aged two years and over, with offspring. If all female dairy cattle aged one year and over are considered, there was a 0.6 per cent decrease to 277,000.
5. This chart includes all cattle aged one year and over.
8. Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (2016 provisional) - full-time median gross hourly pay in Scotland.
9. Data from these holdings will be published in 'Tenanted Agricultural Land in Scotland, 2015/16' scheduled for release in April 2016.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback