8. Repairing Standard extension to agricultural holdings from March 2027
8.1 The Repairing Standard does not apply to specific types of tenancy (see section 2.4 above). Until 27 March 2027 there are some types of tenancy on agricultural holdings that are excluded from the Repairing Standard.
8.2 This means that from 28 March 2027, tenancies under the following Acts will be subject to the duty to meet the Repairing Standard:
- the Crofters (Scotland) Act 1993
- the Small Landholders (Scotland) Acts 1886 to 1931, and
- the Agricultural Holdings (Scotland) Act 2003, including:
- 1991 Act tenancies
- short limited duration tenancies
- limited duration tenancies
- modern limited duration tenancies
- repairing tenancies
8.3 Under section 16 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2006, the Repairing Standard does not require any work to be carried out which the tenant is required to carry out by the terms of the tenancy agreement, but this only applies if the tenancy is for at least three years and neither the landlord nor the tenant can choose to end the tenancy within that period.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback