I would like to find out some information regarding Redress Scotland.
- how many applications have been received since January 2022
- out of those applications how many have been allocated a case worker
- how many have gone to panel
- how many have been paid out
In subsequent correspondence on 16 December 2022, my colleague advised that Scotland's Redress Scheme launched in December 2021. You confirmed you wished this information from the date of scheme launch, and also asked:
- how many applications got rejected also?
The following information covers the period from scheme launch up to 31 December 2022.
- 1960 applications have been received since scheme launch.
- 793 of those applications have been allocated to a case worker.
- 345 of those applications have been passed to Redress Scotland for determination.
- 267 applicants have accepted financial redress.
I have understood your reference to "rejected" to mean applications determined as ineligible for redress. Six applications have been determined as ineligible for redress.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback