Table 2: Offences in which a firearm was alleged to have been involved as a percentage1 of (selected) total recorded crimes2, Scotland, 2004-05 to 2013-14 Percentage
|Type of Offence||2004-05||2005-06||2006-07||2007-08||2008-09||2009-10||2010-11||2011-12||2012-133||2013-14|
1. Some of the figures in this table are based on fewer than 100 recorded offences.
2. For further information on the selected total recorded crimes please see Note 5.5.7.
3. As a result of a change in recording practices by Lothian and Borders Police, their data for 2012-13 are not directly comparable with previous years. For further information please see Note 5.5.6.
4. Includes Murder and Culpable homicide (common law). It excludes Causing death by dangerous driving, Causing death by careless driving while under the influence of drink or drugs, Causing death by careless driving, Illegal driver involved in a fatal accident and Corporate homicide.
5. For the distinction between Serious assault and Common, assault please see Note 5.6.2.
6. Common assault includes the offences of Common assault and Common assault of an emergency worker.
7. A change in recording practices has affected the comparability of this category over time. For further information please see Note 5.5.5.
Email: Alastair Greig