Table 5: Total reserved public sector employment by sector; Scotland, Headcount
Not Seasonally Adjusted
|Total Reserved Public Sector||Civil Service||Public Bodies||Armed Forces||Public Corporations2||Public Sector Financial Institutions2||Public Corporations & Public Sector Financial Institutions2,3||Estimated Total Reserved Public Sector excluding major reclassifications|
|Change on year to:|
|% change on year:|
1. Figures have been rounded to the nearest hundred. Change on year rounded to the nearest ten. Percentages are based on unrounded figures. "-" denotes blank entries and "*" denotes entries that have been suppressed for disclosure reasons. Totals may not equal the sum of individual parts due to rounding.
2. Due to the reclassification from the public sector to the private sector of Lloyds Banking Group plc. (Q1 2014), Royal Mail Group plc. (Q4 2013) and Direct Line Group (Q3 2013), a new category has been created combining public corporations with public sector financial institutions to ensure employment figures are not disclosed. Both categories have been merged to produce a backseries prior to the reclassification to allow for calculation of year on year changes.
3. Employment in public corporations & public sector financial institutions has been largely affected by the reclassification of Lloyds Banking Group plc. (and subsidiaries), as well as Royal Mail plc. and Direct Line Group plc.
4. Public Corporations and Public Sector Financial Institutions includes British Wool Marketing Board from Q3 2009, The Oil and Pipeline Agency from Q1 2013, Medical Research Council Technology from Q1 2016, Awe Management Ltd from Q1 2014, NPL Management LtD from Q2 2017 and Shared Services Connect Limted from Q4 2015 to Q2 2017.
5. Public Bodies include Oil and Gas Authority from Q2 2015 and Information Commissioner's Office from Q1 2015.
If you have any enquiries relating to Labour Market Statistics then please contact us at:
Telephone: 0131 244 6773
Fax: 0300 244 1060
Labour Market Statistics
OCEAES: Economic Strategy and Policy
5 Atlantic Quay
We welcome any comments on both the format and content of the website, including any problems you may encounter.
You may also contact the Statistician Group Enquiries for general information.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback