Table 3: Public sector employment by devolved and reserved sector; Scotland, Headcount and Full-time equivalent
Not Seasonally Adjusted
|Total Public Sector||Devolved Public Sector2||Reserved Public Sector3||Total Public Sector||Devolved Public Sector2||Reserved Public Sector3|
|Change on year to:|
|% change on year:|
1. Employment figures have been rounded to the nearest hundred. Change on year rounded to the nearest ten. Percentages are based on unrounded figures. Totals may not equal the sum of individual parts due to rounding.
2. Devolved Public Sector consists of the following staff groups: Civil Service, Other Public Bodies, NHS, Further Education Colleges, Local Government and Public Corporations (as shown in Table 4).
3. Reserved Public Sector consists of the following staff groups: Civil Service, Public Bodies, Armed Forces, Public Corporations, Public Sector Financial Institutions (as shown in Table 5).
4. The following bodies have been added to the Devolved Public Sector series: Caledonian Maritime Assets Ltd from Q1 2008, Bòrd na Gàidhlig from Q4 2010, Commissioner for Ethical Standards in Public Life in Scotland from Q2 2011, Children and Young People's Commissioner Scotland from Q2 2004, Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission from Q4 2010, Scottish Commission for Human Rights from Q1 2008, Scottish Association of Citizens Advice Bureau from Q2 2005 (headcount only), Cosla from Q1 1999, Social Security Scotland from Q3 2018.
5. The following bodies have been added to the Reserved Public Sector Series: British Wool Marketing Board from Q3 2009, The Oil and Pipeline Agency from Q1 2013, Medical Research Council Technology from Q1 2016, Awe Management Ltd from Q1 2014, NPL Management LtD from Q2 2017, Shared Services Connect Limted from Q4 2015 to Q2 2017, Oil and Gas Authority from Q2 2015 and Information Commissioner's Office from Q1 2015.
If you have any enquiries relating to Labour Market Statistics then please contact us at:
Telephone: 0131 244 6773
Fax: 0300 244 1060
Labour Market Statistics
OCEAES: Economic Strategy and Policy
5 Atlantic Quay
We welcome any comments on both the format and content of the website, including any problems you may encounter.
You may also contact the Statistician Group Enquiries for general information.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback