4. Reserved Public Sector Employment in Scotland; Headcount
(see Table 4)
The number of people employed in the reserved public sector in June 2020 was 53,500, 3,910 (6.8%) lower than in June 2019.
The reserved public sector employment includes:
- Reserved Civil Service (see section 5);
- Armed Forces;
- Other Public Sector (which covers Public Sector Financial Institutions, Non-Departmental Bodies and Other Bodies).
Chart 5 shows the size of each group in the reserved public sector as at June 2020.
Source: Public Sector Employment in Scotland, Quarter 2 2020
Note: Totals may not equal the sum of the individual parts due to rounding.
The decrease in the overall headcount in the reserved public sector was due to:
- Employment levels for Other Public Sector falling by 3,150 (13.8%) from 22,800 in June 2019 to 19,700 in June 2020;
- Employment levels for the Reserved Civil Service falling by 890 (3.6%) to 24,000;
- Employment levels for the Armed Forces increased by 130 (1.3%) to 9,800.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback