Table 10: Devolved civil service employment; Scotland, Full-time equivalent
Not Seasonally Adjusted
|Devolved Civil Service|
|Total Devolved Civil Service||Scottish Government Core Directorates (excluding Agencies)||Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal||Scottish Government Agencies||Non-Ministerial Departments|
|Change on year to:|
|% change on year:|
1. Figures have been rounded to the nearest hundred.
2. Since Q2 2008, six Government Agencies have been absorbed into the Scottish Government Core Departments. Further details are provided in the background notes.
3. From Q2 2010, the Scottish Court Service was reclassified from Government Agency to Non-Ministerial Department.
4. Staff from Local Authority District Courts and Police Authorities have transferred into the Devolved Civil Service since 2007.
5. From Q4 2011, NHS has responsibility for employing Healthcare staff within prisons. Previously, these people were employed directly by the Scottish Prison Service (SPS).
6. Where the change on the year is less than 50 this rounds to '0'
Detailed tables showing a full time series of data - all quarters back to Q1 1999 - are available to download from the Public Sector Employment Websection:
Email: Gayle Mackie
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback