Table 4: Total devolved public sector employment by sector; Scotland, Headcount
Not Seasonally Adjusted
|Civil Service||Other Public Bodies||
|Further education colleges||Local Government||Public Corporations|
|Change on year to:|
|% change on year:|
1. Figures have been rounded to the nearest hundred.
2. Local Government category revised to include Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) following a review by the National Accounts Classifications Team at ONS.
3. A number of local government staff have transferred to arms length organisations which are part of the private sector under National Accounts definitions. For example, staff transferrred from Glasgow City Council to Cordia Limited Liability Partnership from 1 April 2009 thus explaining the decrease in local government employment between 2008 and 2009.
4. Staff from Local Authority District Courts and Police Authorities have transferred into the Devolved Civil Service since 2007.
5. Information for further education colleges in Scotland is based on actual information from Q4 2010. The method used to create the back series is detailed in the background notes of this publication.
6. From Q4 2011, NHS has responsibility for employing Healthcare staff within prisons. Previously, these people were employed directly by the Scottish Prison Service (SPS).
7.Where the change on the year is less than 50 this rounds to '0'
Detailed tables showing a full time series of data - all quarters back to Q1 1999 - are available to download from the Public Sector Employment Websection:
Email: Gayle Mackie
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback