4. Reserved Public Sector Employment in Scotland; Headcount
(see Table 4)
The number of people employed in the reserved public sector in March 2020 was 53,300, 1,770 (3.2%) lower than in March 2019.
The reserved public sector employment includes:
- Reserved Civil Service (see section 5);
- Armed Forces;
- Other Public Sector (which covers Public Sector Financial Institutions, Non-Departmental Bodies and Other Bodies).
Chart 5 shows the size of each group in the reserved public sector as at March 2020.
Source: Public Sector Employment in Scotland, Quarter 1 2020
Note: Totals may not equal the sum of the individual parts due to rounding.
The decrease in the overall headcount in the reserved public sector was due to:
- Employment levels for Other Public Sector falling by 800 (3.9%) from 20,400 in March 2019 to 19,600 in March 2020;
- Employment levels for the Reserved Civil Service falling by 970 (3.9%) to 24,000;
- Employment levels for the Armed Forces were unchanged at 9,700.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback