1. A definition and map of Broad Rental Market Areas is included in this publication in the Section on Broad Rental Market Area Profiles
2. Information is provided on means, medians, lower quartiles and upper quartiles. These statistical terms are defined in Annex B: Glossary of Terms
3. Scotland's People Annual Report: Results from the 2016 Scottish Household Survey http://www.gov.scot/publications/scotlands-people-annual-report-results-2016-scottish-household-survey/
4. ONS CPI Reference, published on 17 October 2017 http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/d7bt/mm23
5. ONS CPI Reference, published on 17 October 2017 http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/d7bt/mm23
7. A Broad Rental Market Area for Local Housing Allowance purposes is defined as an area in which a person could reasonably be expected to live having regard to facilities and services for the purposes of health, education, recreation, personal banking and shopping, taking account of the distance of travel, by public and private transport, to and from those facilities and services.
8. Means, medians, and lower and upper quartiles are defined in Annex B: Glossary of Terms.