Appendix 2 Evidence
Alongside the Wilson and Barber Review, other key documents, reports and pilots have provided evidence for the development of the Vision, as follows:-
- Breaking down the barriers - how pharmacists and GPs can work together to improve patient care, RCGP Scotland and RPS Scotland Joint Statement, 2012.
- Care homes' use of medicines study: prevalence, causes and potential harm of medication errors in care homes for older people, Barber ND, Alldred DP, Raynor DK, Dickinson R, et al. Quality and Safety in Health Care. 2009:341-6.
- Establishing Effective Therapeutic Partnerships - A generic framework to underpin the Chronic Medication Service element of the Community Pharmacy Contract, Scottish Government, December 2009.- http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2010/01/07144120/0
- European Innovation Programme - http://ec.europa.eu/research/innovation-union/index_en.cfm?section=active-healthy-ageing&pg=commitment#action_plans
- The Future of Community Pharmacy: Building a Sustainable Industry, AT Kearney, September 2012 - http://www.atkearney.com/documents/10192/649132/The+Future+of+Community+Pharmacy.pdf/1838dede-b95a-4989-8600-6b435bd00171
- Health Inequalities in Scotland, Audit Scotland, December 2012 - http://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/docs/health/2012/nr_121213_health_inequalities.pdf
- Improving Pharmaceutical Care in Care Homes, Royal Pharmaceutical Society Scotland, March 2012. http://www.rpharms.com/promoting-pharmacy-pdfs/rpscarehomereportfinalmarch2012.pdf
- Investigating the prevalence and causes of prescribing errors in general practice: ThePRACtICe Study, A report for the GMC, Avery A, Barber N, Ghaleb M, Dean B et al, 2012.
- A National Telehealth and Telecare Delivery Plan for Scotland to 2015: Driving Improvement, Integration and Innovation, Scottish Government, December 2012. http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/0041/00411586.pdf
- NHSScotland Information Assurance Strategy 2011-2015, NHS Scotland, 2011- http://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/mels/CEL2011_26.pdf
- Person-centred eHealth Strategy and Delivery Plan, Scottish Government, 2012
- A pharmacist-led information technology intervention for medication errors (PINCER): a multicentre, cluster randomised, controlled trial and cost-effectiveness analysis, Avery AJ, Cantrill JA, Armstrong S, Cresswell K, et al, The Lancet, Volume 379, Issue 9823 Pages 1310 - 1319, April 2012.
- Study of Pharmore+ Pharmacy Walk-in Services, Scottish Government, August 2013
- Polypharmacy Guidance- Circular CEL 36 (2012), Appropriate prescribing for patients and polypharmacy guidance for review of quality, safe and effective use of long- term medication, Scottish Government, November 2012
- Prescribing in general practice in Scotland, Audit Scotland, January 2013 - http://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/docs/health/2013/nr_130124_gp_prescribing.pdf
- Public Bodies (Joint Working) (Scotland) Bill - introduced to Scottish Parliament 28 May 2013
- Reshaping Care for Older People Programme - http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Health/Support-Social-Care/Support/Older-People/ReshapingCare
- Review of NHS Pharmaceutical Care of Patients in the Community in Scotland, Dr Wilson and Professor Barber, Scottish Government, August 2013 - http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2013/08/4406
- Scottish Patient Safety Programme- Primary Care - http://www.healthcareimprovementscotland.org/our_work/patient_safety/spsp/patient_safety_in_primary_care.aspx
- Stratified medicine, Health Science Scotland - http://www.healthsciencescotland.com/126_Stratified+Medicine.html
Email: Martin Moffat
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback