Summary of the recruitment process
Please make sure you have all the information and support you need for each of these steps before starting this process.
1. Draft job description and person specification
To fill the job quickly and with the right person you need to:
- provide as much information as possible about your needs
- ensure that you offer at least the national minimum wage and that the job is in-line with UK employment law
2. Advertise the job - make sure the wording is non-discriminatory
3. Choose who you want to interview
4. Arrange and carry out the interview
5. Choose who to employ
6. Offer the job subject to background checks
7. Do the checks
- decide if you want your PA to be a member of the PVG Scheme (see the earlier section giving information on this)
- check last employer and other relevant references
- check if your PA is allowed to work in the UK
8.Start an employee record, including the application form, job offer letter, contract, add a record of holidays, sick leave etc, there are example forms and letters at the end of this handbook.