Training for PA employers and PAs
Centres for Inclusive Living, disabled peoples' organisations (DPOs), and other local support organisations, may offer basic training to both PA employers and their Personal Assistants (PAs).
Information and Training for employers should include:
- Safe recruitment
- Staff induction
- Health & safety
- Being a good boss
- Employer administration responsibilities
- Understanding basic employment rights
- Payroll & related topics
Training for PAs may include the following and may be led by disabled trainers with experience of employing PA(s):
- disability equality training
- the role, responsibilities and rights of a PA
- health and safety, risk assessments, moving and assisting, assisting other PAs, awareness of long-term conditions, etc
As a PA employer it will be your responsibility to ensure that your employees receive the appropriate training to deliver their role.