Open with Care: supporting meaningful contact in adult care homes – principles
Guidance setting out the key principles and expectations for care home providers, care home staff and visitors in relation to visiting adult care homes, including during COVID-19 and other infectious outbreaks. It also provides tools and resources to support visiting in adult care homes.
This document is part of 2 collections
Care home staff have worked tirelessly throughout the pandemic to adopt Open with Care visiting guidance and maximise opportunities for people living in care homes to see and spend time with their loved ones.
The purpose of this guidance is to:
- update the Open with Care visiting guidance for adult care homes
- set out principles and expectations for continuing to support people living in adult care homes to connect with others
- provide an overview of the measures that currently remain in place to support visiting, signposting to other more detailed guidance where relevant
This guidance should be read in conjunction with the following public health and infection prevention and control (IPC) guidance. It provides more details on the measures required to support visits in and out of the care home safely including during an outbreak:
- COVID-19 IPC guidance can be found the Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infection (ARHAI) Scotland
- Public Health Scotland (PHS) guidance for social, community and residential care settings
- visiting guidance for the public can be found on NHS Inform
- more nformation for friends and family including an easy read version
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback