- 22 Nov 2018
Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 22 November 2018 to 18 November 2022
Category: ICT Networks - national
The dynamic purchasing system (DPS) will operate in a similar way to a framework, however, it is an electronic process and suppliers can apply to join the DPS at any time.
Contracts will be awarded via call offs, issued by Scottish public sector organisations through the DPS, inviting suppliers to tender for in-scope services.
What is in scope
This DPS will provide vendor neutral network advice for organisations seeking to develop, enhance and secure their network infrastructure.
Due to the wide and diverse nature of network advice, it is not possible to list all the types envisaged but some examples (non-exhaustive list) may include:
- network security
- improved energy consumption and efficiency
- support of internet of things (IoT) network integration
- support of Unified Communications (UC) network integration
- audit and analysis of network services
- network infrastructure project management
- network upgrades
- support in the procurement of network services
- migration of existing network services
- advice on network solution and design and implementation of new network services
- support with network estates
What is out of scope
The system does not cover:
- fixed line telephony
- mobile telephony
- unified communications
- IT hardware and peripherals
Who can use this
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- other public bodies
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in annex A of our guidance on framework agreements.
Benefits of the system include:
- easy access for public sector bodies to a full range of technical network advice
- easy access for suppliers
- encouraging strong competition
- encouraging small and medium sized enterprise participation
- suppliers can join the DPS at any time, provided they meet the selection criteria
- electronic process
- streamlined procurement
See attached list of suppliers.
See attached guides for buyers and suppliers, and information leaflet.
In addition we have a template set of terms and conditions. If buyers wish to consider these they are available on PCS-Tender or within our page on the Scottish Procurement Knowledge Hub.
See our guide to dynamic purchasing systems.
To obtain access to the Knowledge Hub, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Digital Services: Dynamic Purchasing System.
- File type
- 12 page PDF
- 267.2 kB