Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2022
Category: Utilities - national
National framework agreement for the supply of natural gas for the Scottish public sector.
What is in scope
The national contract covers the supply of natural gas only and is available to the following Scottish public bodies, organisations and institutions.
Who can use this
The framework can be used by:
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector
- other public bodies
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in Annex A of Scottish Government Guidance on Framework Agreements. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
The benefits of this contract are:
- Estimated savings of £7.9 million per annum
- Improved customer service
- Web Portal upgrade
Sustainability Benefits include:
- Option to purchase Renewable Gas Guarantee of Origin (RGGO) certificates, based on market liquidity and best market prices
- A range of energy efficiency services available as additional services
- Provision of additional technical support and guidance around Natural Gas
Community and socio-economic benefits include:
- An apprenticeship training programme, with an apprentice providing direct support to the framework
- Sub-contract metering services to Scottish SMEs to promote opportunities to source local metering engineers and local subcontractors to benefit local communities
- Providing framework customers with upskilling opportunities through customer workshops, industry training and educational material.
- Actively promoting the Better Energy School Awards, in partnership with Total Exploration and Production
- Advertisement any sub-contact opportunities on Public Contracts Scotland website
Fair Work Matters:
- Pay above the Living Wage and progressing formal accreditation
- Do not operate Zero Hours contracts
- Currently meet or working towards Scottish Government’s Scottish Business Pledge
Total Gas and Power Ltd
Public bodies wishing to access the national gas contract must provide a signed agency agreement to Scottish Procurement.
This document delegates authority to Scottish Procurement to purchase gas in the wholesale gas market and also includes the option to sign up to the national electricity contract.
The agency agreement is included as annex A within the buyer’s guide which will be available shortly.
As part of the agreement, public bodies must also provide site data information in the required format, which is set out in the attached site addition form which will be available shortly.
Framework documents, including the associated Supply Agreement and TGP Welcome Pack, can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
Tel: 0131 244 7673