As a sub-group of the National Cancer Recovery Group (NCRG), the National Cancer Quality Steering Group (NCQSG):
- provides strategic leadership to deliver the commitments in Better Cancer Care which relate to quality improvement in cancer services
- ensures that all quality related work streams relating to cancer that are being progressed by other sub-groups of the Scottish Cancer Taskforce and NHS organisations/Government departments are co-ordinated and aligned with the agreed cancer national quality framework
The National Cancer Quality Steering Group is co-chaired by Regional Lead Cancer Clinicians, Mr Seamus Teahan, West of Scotland Cancer Network (WoSCAN) and Mr James Mander, South East Scotland Cancer Network (SCAN).
Membership includes representatives from the three Regional Cancer Networks, Primary Care, Healthcare Improvement Scotland, Cancer Coalition, the Information Services Division of NHS National Services Scotland, NHS Education for Scotland and the Scottish Government.
Representatives from other organisations are invited to meetings on an ad hoc basis according to the agenda.
- National Cancer Quality Steering Group minutes: June 2022
- National Cancer Quality Steering Group minutes: March 2022
- National Cancer Quality Steering Group minutes: 2021
- National Cancer Quality Steering Group minutes: 2018-2020
- National Cancer Quality Group minutes (action notes): 2017
Please note that there is always a delay in publishing action notes, since notes taken from a meeting must be formally agreed by the group at the subsequent meeting before they become a public document.
- First published
- 10 September 2019
- Last updated
- 23 November 2022
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback