- All the information in all the lists of interests (including spouse, partner and family interests) provided by each minister currently serving in the Scottish Government upon their appointment by Humza Yousaf, including the information provided by the First Minister himself.
- Any confirmation from ministers, at the time of their appointment, as to whether they are aware of any close acquaintances or advisers who have a contractual relationship with the Government or are involved in policy development, as described in Section 11.4 of the Scottish Ministerial Code.
- All information in all records of action taken by ministers in agreement with the Permanent Secretary on the handling of interests, and any subsequent changes, as set out in Section 11.5 of the Scottish Ministerial Code.
A response to each part of your request follows.
- At the time of your request, the Scottish Government did not have the information you have asked for here because declarations of Ministers' interest had not yet been supplied by Ministers to the Permanent Secretary. The Permanent Secretary has written to Ministers to request a list of their interests and to provide them with guidance on this part of the Scottish Ministerial Code. Ministers are currently in the process of considering and submitting their returns. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
- At the time of their appointment, two Ministers raised the interests of a close acquaintance with the Permanent Secretary, as follows:
- The Cabinet Secretary for Social Justice, Shirley-Anne Somerville MSP, noted her husband's role at Citizens Advice Scotland; and
- The Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills, Jenny Gilruth MSP, noted her wife's role as a Board member of The Promise.
Any actions taken by Ministers to manage their interests following advice from officials will be recorded as part of the process referred to above at 1. This includes actions that are now in place or being put in place in relation to the interests noted above.
- At the time of your request, the Scottish Government did not have the information you have requested here. Officials are in the process of providing advice to Ministers on action(s) they may wish to take on the handling of their interests. Any actions taken by Ministers will be recorded as part of the process referred to at 1. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback