Mental health law in Scotland: guide to named persons

A named person is someone who can look after your interests if you are cared for or treated under mental health legislation. This guide provides information to help you understand your rights.

8. Using Other Languages, and Difficulties with Eyesight or Writing

If you want to write your nomination, revocation or declaration in a language other than English you can ask for interpretation and translation assistance from your Health Board, your local authority, or both. By law they have to provide support to you for this.

If you are unable to write or have problems with your eyesight, you can still make a nomination, revocation or declaration (see section 9 on how to find further information and advice).


Email: Dan Curran

Back to top