Marine Scotland Science: directory
Details of specialists working for Marine Scotland Science.
This document is part of a collection
Environment Monitoring and Assessment Programme
Oceanographer and Data Manager
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Marine Scotland Science, Marine Laboratory, 375 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB, UK
Details of specialism
I am interested in the oceanography of Scottish waters, with a lot of the focus of my work on trends and variability in the oceanographic conditions of our waters. I am involved with assuring the data quality of our collected data sets, with a particular focus on our long-term monitoring programme within the Scottish Coastal Observatory.
External committees and responsibilities
I collaborate with scientists across Scotland and the UK, in particular within the following projects:
- INTERREG-funded COMPASS (investigating connectivity for priority species and conservation areas between Ireland and Scotland) and MyCOAST (co-ordinating and developing marine observatories within the Atlantic Area) projects
- AlterECO (aiming to better understand how changing physical and chemical conditions in UK Shelf Seas affects the marine ecosystem and ocean health using a small fleet ocean robots, including submarine gliders and surface vehicles, combined with observations and modelling from a variety of complementary projects).
- honorary lecturer, School of Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen
- ICES Working Group on Oceanic Hydrography (closely monitors the ocean conditions in the ICES area by updating and reviewing results from standard hydrographic sections and stations. The material is consolidated and published as the ICES Report on Ocean Climate - IROC)
- member of Women and Equality Network and STEM ambassador
Marine Scotland Science
PO Box 101
375 Victoria Road
+44 (0)131 244 2500
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback