Marine Scotland Science: directory
Details of specialists working for Marine Scotland Science.
This document is part of a collection
Fisheries Assessment and Advice Programme
Stock Assessment and Modelling Group
Marine Scotland Science, Marine Laboratory, 375 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, AB11 9DB, UK
Details of specialism
My field of work is on fisheries research; with particular interest in fish species. I am involved with survey data analysis and assessment, providing advice for sustainable fisheries in Scotland.
Within the broad topic area my particular focuses currently include:
- anglerfish survey data analysis and assessment
- catch estimation and data checking for the Scottish fish stocks
- deep water species data analysis
Main policy links
- stock assessment
- mapping (GIS) and plotting of fisheries data
- advice and reporting
External committees and responsibilities
- member of the ICES Working Group for Deepwater species (WGDEEP)
- Aberdeen University liaison and visiting co-lecturer of the stock assessment module for the MSc in Marine Fisheries and Ecology course
Papers of relevance
Barreto E, Clarke L, McAllister G, Dooley J, Gillespie Mules R, Kelly E and Gerritsen H (2019) SIAMISS Estimates of Anglerfish Biomass in subareas 4 and 6 for 2019. Working document, Marine Scotland Science and Marine Institute, Ireland.
Barreto E and Bailey N (2017) Fish and Shellfish Stocks 2017. The Scottish Government, Edinburgh. 58pp.
Barreto E and Bailey N (2016) Fish and Shellfish Stocks 2016. The Scottish Government, Edinburgh. 53pp.
ICES (2014) Report of the Working Group for the Assessment of Demersal Stocks in the North Sea and Skagerrak (WGNSSK), 30 April–7 May 2014, ICES HQ, Copenhagen, Denmark. ICES CM 2014/ACOM:13. 1493 pp.
Marine Scotland Science
PO Box 101
375 Victoria Road
+44 (0)131 244 2500
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback