- 8 Aug 2019
Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 1 August 2019 to 31 July 2023
Category: professional services – central government
The second generation legal services framework comprises of six lots. Call-off contracts may be awarded under these lots in one of two ways:
- by the direct award ranked process (if overall value is below £7k)
- by mini-competition
What is in scope
The types of legal services available in each lot are:
- Lot 1: contract, commercial and corporate
- Lot 2: debt recovery
- Lot 3: litigation, reparation, employment and inquiries
- Lot 4: major infrastructure and commercial projects (and related litigation)
- Lot 5: property and related matters
- Lot 6: one stop shop (incorporating all of the services in lots 1 to 5)
Who can use this
- central government
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in annex A of our guidance on framework agreements.
Contract award documents
Please see the following contract award notice for full details:
- framework for the provision of legal services (OCID: ocds-r6ebe6-0000571984)
See attached framework documents for further information.
Benefits from public bodies using this framework include:
- Financial : the rates quoted in the framework are maximum and the use of the mini competition process has the potential for increasing value for money savings.
- Resource: significantly reduced resource and effort is required to complete a call-off from the framework, since:
- certain aspects of the supplier’s background have been assessed in advance
- there is the option to direct award (for requirements below £7k)
See annex A in buyer's guide.
See the attached buyers' guides and hints and tips guide for more information.
Information about pricing and terms and conditions for frameworks and contracts can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this and are eligible to use the framework please complete the registration form and send it to one of the Scottish Procurement contacts listed below.
- File type
- 18 page PDF
- 700.1 kB