Justice Analytical Services (JAS) Safer Communities and Justice Statistics Monthly Data Report May 2023 edition
This report contains summary statistics covering a number of important justice and safer communities statistics. It is published with up to date statistics every month.
This document is part of a collection
Sources and further information
The information presented in this report is primarily drawn from a range of Official Statistics sources. In the case of fire and prisons statistics, more recent analysis of administrative data has been used, whilst recorded hate crime information comes from a Social Research publication.
- Quarterly Recorded Crime in Scotland bulletin. This contains National Statistics on crimes and offences recorded by the police in Scotland.
- Homicide in Scotland Statistics. Annual National Statistics on crimes of homicide recorded by the police in Scotland.
- Domestic Abuse Recorded by the Police in Scotland Statistics. Annual Official Statistics on police recorded domestic abuse in Scotland.
- Police Officer Quarterly Strength Statistics Scotland. Quarterly Official Statistics on the number of full-time equivalent police officers in Scotland.
- Characteristics of police recorded hate crime in Scotland: study. Social Research study into the nature of police recorded hate aggravated crimes in Scotland.
Courts and prisons data:
- Criminal Proceedings Statistics in Scotland. Annual National Statistics on criminal proceedings concluded in Scottish courts and on a range of measures available as alternatives to prosecution.
- Annual Civil Justice Statistics bulletin. This contains Official Statistics on civil justice and court reform as recorded by the Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service (SCTS).
- Scottish Prison Population statistics. Official statistics on Scottish prison populations, exploring population levels and composition and change over time.
- SCTS Official Statistics. Includes quarterly data on fines, financial penalty collection rates, and criminal court activity in Scotland.
- The Scottish Crime and Justice Survey (SCJS) is a large-scale social survey which asks people about their experiences and perceptions of crime and the justice system in Scotland. The most recent release was for 2019-20.
- Justice Social Work Statistics in Scotland. Annual National Statistics on justice social work activity in Scotland.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback