- 11 Oct 2018
From the UK Government:
- the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, Rt Hon David Lidington MP
- the Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, Rt Hon Dominic Raab MP
- the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP
- the Secretary of State for Scotland, the Rt Hon David Mundell MP
- the Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP
- the Minister for Immigration, Caroline Nokes MP
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, Suella Braverman MP
From the Welsh Government:
- the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, Mark Drakeford AM
From the Scottish Government:
- the Cabinet Secretary for Government Business and Constitutional Relations, Michael Russell MSP
- the Minister for Europe, Migration and International Development, Ben Macpherson MSP
Senior officials from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting in the continued absence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and actions
The Chair opened the meeting by summarising the recent developments in EU negotiations and the Ministerial engagement that had taken place since the Committee had last met, including the fourth meeting of the Ministerial Forum on EU Negotiations (MF(EN)).
The Secretary of State for Exiting the EU provided an update on negotiations ahead of European Council and the Committee discussed recent developments. The Committee also discussed the UK Government’s position on migration.
The Committee also discussed domestic issues. The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU provided an update on the EU (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill and the Committee discussed the ongoing engagement on common frameworks. The Committee agreed further work to ensure progress across the priority areas and on cross-cutting issues.
The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster also provided an update on operational readiness and the Committee agreed to a further discussion in November.
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- 46.1 kB
EU Strategy and Negotiations Unit
Telephone: 0300 244 4000