- 21 May 2020
The twenty-third Joint Ministerial Committee (EU Negotiations) met today via video-conference. The meeting was chaired by the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.
Attendees and apologies
The attending Ministers were:
From the UK Government:
- The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Rt Hon Michael Gove MP
- The Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon Alister Jack MP
- The Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Simon Hart MP
- The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Rt Hon Brandon Lewis MP
- The Paymaster General, Rt Hon Penny Mordaunt MP
- The Minister for the Constitution, Chloe Smith MP and Sherpa, Prime Minister's Europe Adviser and Chief Negotiator of Task Force Europe, David Frost.
From the Scottish Government:
- The Cabinet Secretary for the Constitution, Europe and External Affairs, Michael Russell MSP
- The Minister for Europe and International Development, Jenny Gilruth MSP
From the Welsh Government:
- The Counsel General and Minister for European Transition, Jeremy Miles MS
From the Northern Ireland Executive:
- Rt Hon First Minister, Arlene Foster MLA
- deputy First Minister, Michelle O’Neill MLA
- Junior Minister Gordon Lyons MLA and Junior Minister Declan Kearney MLA
Items and actions
The Committee discussed ongoing negotiations relating to the future EU-UK free trade agreement and wider relationship, preparedness for the end of the transition period and an update on the Intergovernmental Relations Review.
EU Strategy and Negotiations
Telephone: 0300 244 4000