Attendees and apologies
From the UK Government:
- the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Minister for the Cabinet Office, Rt Hon David Lidington MP
- the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP
- the Secretary of State for Wales, Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP (via teleconference)
- the Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP (via teleconference)
- the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, Robin Walker MP
From the Welsh Government:
- the First Minister of Wales, the Rt Hon Carwyn Jones AM
From the Scottish Government:
- the Minister for UK Negotiations on Scotland’s Place in Europe, Michael Russell MSP
Dr Andrew McCormick, Director General International Relations from the Northern Ireland Civil Service attended the meeting in the continued absence of a Northern Ireland Executive.
Items and actions
The Chair opened the meeting by summarising the Ministerial and official level engagement that had taken place since the Committee last met including the first meeting of the Ministerial Forum on EU Negotiations.
The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU provided an update on negotiations, including further agreement that had been reached on the Withdrawal Agreement and a look ahead to June Council.
The Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Exiting the EU also provided an update on the Department for Exiting the EU’s forthcoming Future Frameworks white paper.
The Committee discussed the UK Government’s paper on operational readiness. The Committee noted this paper.
- File type
- 2 page PDF
- File size
- 40.3 kB
Telephone: 0300 244 4000
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback