Established in 2017, Scotland House London is a unique collaboration between the Scottish Government, Scottish Enterprise (including Scottish Development International), Visit Scotland and Highlands and Islands Enterprise - the four Partners.
It provides a place for businesses and organisations to network, work, do business and stage events in order to drive their growth and is the permanent base for staff from Partner organisations in London.
Priorities for 2022 to 2023
- attract inward and capital investment that aligns with Scotland’s values and delivers good jobs and green growth in communities across Scotland.
- support the delivery of the Export Growth Plan by developing relationships with priority country embassies to identify opportunities to encourage more trade with Scotland and address market access issues relevant to Scotland and Scottish companies.
- deliver a programme of activity through which opportunities are created to support specific action areas of the National Strategy for Economic Transformation, focusing on Entrepreneurship, New Market Opportunities and the promotion of Productive Regions.
- deliver a programme of activity through which opportunities are created to set out Scotland's ambition on net zero - maximising the legacy created through COP26 and presenting Scotland’s climate and environment programmes internationally in the lead up to COP 27. Promote Scotland’s Renewable energy capacity and aspiration to be a significant net energy exporter, underpinned by a fair and just transition.
- deliver a programme of activity through which we showcase the strengths of Scotland’s Higher Education sector, facilitating international collaborations on R&D, promote international student exchange and investment.
- promote and showcase Scotland's cultural heritage and assets, creating opportunities for international collaborations - delivering a programme of events across the arts supporting cultural organisations to engage new audiences.
- continue to grow Scotland House London membership after its temporary closure due to the pandemic through identifying opportunities to promote and showcase the service through partnerships with Scottish public and private sector organisations and higher educational institutions.
- support Scottish tourism businesses to internationalise, supporting Scottish SMEs in the tourism sector to meet with tour operators and wholesales in London and develop business relationships.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback