HM Inspectorate of Prosecution in Scotland: annual report 2018-2019
The annual report for the Inspectorate of Prosecution in Scotland for 2018-2019.
This document is part of a collection
1. Inspectorate of Prosecution in Scotland, Thematic Review of the Investigation and Prosecution of Sheriff Solemn Cases (2019).
2. Inspectorate of Prosecution in Scotland, Thematic Review of Fatal Accident Inquiries (2016).
3. There is a requirement to hold an FAI where a death occurs as a result of a work-related accident or the deceased was in legal custody at the time of their death.
4. Recommendations 2, 4, 7, 9 and 10 were achieved.
5. Recommendations 8 and 11 have been superseded.
6. Act of Sederunt (Fatal Accident Inquiry Rules) 2017.
7. Recommendations 1, 3, 5 and 6.
8. The Scottish Fatalities Investigation Unit (SFIU) is responsible for investigating all reported non-suspicious deaths. Within SFIU, there are three geographical teams (North, East and West) whose work is overseen by the SFIU National team.
9. Recommendation 12.
10. SCTS, Evidence and Procedure Review Report (March 2015).
11. SCTS, Evidence and Procedure Review – Next Steps (February 2016).
12. Procedural systematic inefficiencies where cases do not proceed timeously and have repeated callings within court.
13. SCTS, Proposition Paper: A New Model For Summary Criminal Court Procedure (February 2017);
SCTS, Follow-up report to the Proposition Paper – A New Model for Summary Criminal Court Procedure (September 2017).
14. Criminal Courts Practice Note No 2 of 2019: Case management in Summary Criminal Cases Project.
15. SCTS, Joint Investigative Interviews Work Stream Project Report (2017).
16. Some published works from that working group are SCTS, Report of the Pre-recorded Further Evidence Work Stream (September 2017); High Court Practice Note 1 of 2017 (March 2017); High Court Practice Note 1 of 2019(April 2019).
17. COPFS, Digital Strategy (2017).
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback