1. Lindner TW, Soreide E, Nilsen OB, Torunn MW, Lossius HM. Good outcome in every fourth resuscitation attempt is achievable - an Utstein template report from the Stavanger region. Resuscitation. 2011;82(12):1508-13.
2. Scottish Government. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: A strategy for Scotland. 2015.
3. Resuscitation Council [Online]
Available at: http://www.resuscitationacademy.org/
[Accessed at: 05/04/2017]
4. Eisenberg M. Resuscitate! How Your Community Can Improve Survival from Sudden Cardiac Arrest: University of Washington Press.
5. Masterson S, Cullinan J, McNally B, Deasy C, Murphy A, Wright P, et al. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest attended by ambulance services in Ireland: first 2 years' results from a nationwide registry. Emerg Med J. 2016;33(11):776-81.
6. Beck B, Bray J, Smith K, Walker T, Grantham H, Hein C, et al. Establishing the Aus-ROC Australian and New Zealand out-of-hospital cardiac arrest Epistry. BMJ Open. 2016;6(4):e011027.
7. Goldberger ZD, Nichol G. Registries to measure and improve outcomes after cardiac arrest. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2013;19(3):208-13.
8. Daya MR, Schmicker RH, Zive DM, Rea TD, Nichol G, Buick JE, et al. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest survival improving over time: Results from the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium ( ROC). Resuscitation. 2015;91:108-15.
9. McNally B, Stokes A, Crouch A, Kellermann AL. CARES: Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival. Ann Emerg Med. 2009;54(5):674-83 e2.
10. Ong ME, Shin SD, Tanaka H, Ma MH, Khruekarnchana P, Hisamuddin N, et al. Pan-Asian Resuscitation Outcomes Study ( PAROS): rationale, methodology, and implementation. Acad Emerg Med. 2011;18(8):890-7.
11. Grasner JT, Lefering R, Koster RW, Masterson S, Bottiger BW, Herlitz J, et al. EuReCa ONE-27 Nations, ONE Europe, ONE Registry: A prospective one month analysis of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest outcomes in 27 countries in Europe. Resuscitation. 2016;105:188-95.
12. Grasner JT, Masterson S. EuReCa and international resuscitation registries. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2015;21(3):215-9.
13. Grasner JT, Meybohm P, Fischer M, Bein B, Wnent J, Franz R, et al. A national resuscitation registry of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Germany-a pilot study. Resuscitation. 2009;80(2):199-203.
14. [Online] Available at: http://www.ndc.scot.nhs.uk/Dictionary-A-Z/Definitions/index.asp?ID=128&Title=CHI%20Number
15. Perkins GD, Jacobs IG, Nadkarni VM, Berg RA, Bhanji F, Biarent D, et al. Cardiac Arrest and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Outcome Reports: Update of the Utstein Resuscitation Registry Templates for Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Statement for Healthcare Professionals From a Task Force of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (American Heart Association, European Resuscitation Council, Australian and New Zealand Council on Resuscitation, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, InterAmerican Heart Foundation, Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa, Resuscitation Council of Asia); and the American Heart Association Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee and the Council on Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation. Resuscitation. 2015;96:328-40.
16. Nishiyama C, Brown SP, May S, Iwami T, Koster RW, Beesems SG, et al. Apples to apples or apples to oranges? International variation in reporting of process and outcome of care for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2014;85(11):1599-609.
17. Hawkes C, Booth S, Ji C, Brace-McDonnell SJ, Whittington A, Mapstone J, et al. Epidemiology and outcomes from out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in England. Resuscitation. 2017;110:133-40.
18. Bosson N, Kaji AH, Fang A, Thomas JL, French WJ, Shavelle D, et al. Sex Differences in Survival From Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in the Era of Regionalized Systems and Advanced Post-Resuscitation Care. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5(9).
19. Karlsson LI, Wissenberg M, Fosbol EL, Hansen CM, Lippert FK, Bagai A, et al. Diurnal variations in incidence and outcome of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest including prior comorbidity and pharmacotherapy: a nationwide study in Denmark. Resuscitation. 2014;85(9):1161-8.
20. Ng YY, Wah W, Liu N, Zhou SA, Ho AF, Pek PP, et al. Associations between gender and cardiac arrest outcomes in Pan-Asian out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients. Resuscitation. 2016;102:116-21.
21. Scottish Government [Online]
Available at: https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/statistics-and-data/statistics/statistics-by-theme/population/population-estimates/mid-year-population-estimates/population-estimates-time-series-data
[Accessed at: 05/04/2017]
22. McNally B, Robb R, Mehta M, Vellano K, Valderrama AL, Yoon PW, et al. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest surveillance - Cardiac Arrest Registry to Enhance Survival ( CARES), United States, October 1, 2005-December 31, 2010. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011;60(8):1-19.
23. Mauri R, Burkart R, Benvenuti C, Caputo ML, Moccetti T, Del Bufalo A, et al. Better management of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest increases survival rate and improves neurological outcome in the Swiss Canton Ticino. Europace. 2016;18(3):398-404.
24. Rajan S, Wissenberg M, Folke F, Hansen CM, Lippert FK, Weeke P, et al. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in children and adolescents: incidences, outcomes, and household socioeconomic status. Resuscitation. 2015;88:12-9.
25. Scottish Government (2013). [Online]
Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0043/00439496.pdf
[Accessed at: 04/05/2017]
26. Reinier K, Thomas E, Andrusiek DL, Aufderheide TP, Brooks SC, Callaway CW, et al. Socioeconomic status and incidence of sudden cardiac arrest. CMAJ. 2011;183(15):1705-12.
27. Straney LD, Bray JE, Beck B, Bernard S, Lijovic M, Smith K. Are sociodemographic characteristics associated with spatial variation in the incidence of OHCA and bystander CPR rates? A population-based observational study in Victoria, Australia. BMJ Open. 2016;6(11):e012434.
28. Scottish Government (2014). [Online]
Available at: https://www.gov.scot/Resource/0046/00464780.pdf
[Accessed at: 01/05/2017]
29. Masterson S, Wright P, O'Donnell C, Vellinga A, Murphy AW, Hennelly D, et al. Urban and rural differences in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Ireland. Resuscitation. 2015;91:42-7.
30. Nolan JP, Hazinski MF, Aickin R, Bhanji F, Billi JE, Callaway CW, et al. Part 1: Executive summary: 2015 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science with Treatment Recommendations. Resuscitation. 2015;95:e1-31.
31. Keller SP, Halperin HR. Cardiac arrest: the changing incidence of ventricular fibrillation. Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med. 2015;17(7):392.
32. Sasson C, Rogers MA, Dahl J, Kellermann AL. Predictors of survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2010;3(1):63-81.
33. Geri G, Fahrenbruch C, Meischke H, Painter I, White L, Rea TD, et al. Effects of bystander CPR following out-of-hospital cardiac arrest on hospital costs and long-term survival. Resuscitation. 2017;115:129-34.
34. Malta Hansen C, Kragholm K, Pearson DA, Tyson C, Monk L, Myers B, et al. Association of Bystander and First-Responder Intervention With Survival After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest in North Carolina, 2010-2013. JAMA. 2015;314(3):255-64.
35. Park GJ, Song KJ, Shin SD, Lee KW, Ahn KO, Lee EJ, et al. Timely bystander CPR improves outcomes despite longer EMS times. Am J Emerg Med. 2017.
36. London Ambulance Service (2015). [Online]
Available at: http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/about_us/publications.aspx
[Accessed at: 04/04/2017]
37. Safdar B, Stolz U, Stiell IG, Cone DC, Bobrow BJ, deBoehr M, et al. Differential survival for men and women from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest varies by age: results from the OPALS study. Acad Emerg Med. 2014;21(12):1503-11.
38. Deasy C, Bray JE, Smith K, Harriss LR, Bernard SA, Cameron P. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in the older age groups in Melbourne, Australia. Resuscitation. 2011;82(4):398-403.
39. Akahane M, Tanabe S, Koike S, Ogawa T, Horiguchi H, Yasunaga H, et al. Elderly out-of-hospital cardiac arrest has worse outcomes with a family bystander than a non-family bystander. Int J Emerg Med. 2012;5(1):41.
40. Chiang WC, Ko PC, Chang AM, Chen WT, Liu SS, Huang YS, et al. Bystander-initiated CPR in an Asian metropolitan: does the socioeconomic status matter? Resuscitation. 2014;85(1):53-8.
41. Hollenberg J, Svensson L, Rosenqvist M. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: 10 years of progress in research and treatment. J Intern Med. 2013;273(6):572-83.
42. Yamaguchi Y, Woodin JA, Gibo K, Zive DM, Daya MR. Improvements in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Survival from 1998 to 2013. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2017:1-12.
43. Hiltunen P, Kuisma M, Silfvast T, Rutanen J, Vaahersalo J, Kurola J. Regional variation and outcome of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (ohca) in Finland - the Finnresusci study. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2012;20:80.
44. Davies HT, Crombie IK, Tavakoli M. When can odds ratios mislead? BMJ. 1998;316(7136):989-91.
45. McNutt LA, Wu C, Xue X, Hafner JP. Estimating the relative risk in cohort studies and clinical trials of common outcomes. Am J Epidemiol. 2003;157(10):940-3.
46. Morrison LJ, Schmicker RH, Weisfeldt ML, Bigham BL, Berg RA, Topjian AA, et al. Effect of gender on outcome of out of hospital cardiac arrest in the Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium. Resuscitation. 2016;100:76-81.
47. Scottish Government (2015). [Online]
Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Health/scottish-health-survey
[Accessed at: 04/04/2017]
48. Kendrick S, Clarke J. The Scottish Record Linkage System. Health Bull (Edinb). 1993;51(2):72-9.
49. Farr Institute [Online]
Available at: http://www.datalinkagescotland.co.uk/data-linkage-safeguards
[Accessed at: 29/05/2017]
50. Perkins GD, Brace-McDonnell SJ. The UK Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest Outcome ( OHCAO) project. BMJ Open. 2015;5(10):e008736.
Available at: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/ohcao/
[Accessed at: 07/08/2017]
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback