Please could you confirm all dates that teachers have been on strike during 2023 up today 16.02.2023.
I enclose a copy of the information you requested.
Between 1 January 2023 and 16 February 2023 industrial action by teachers was as follows:
Members of the Educational Institute for Scotland (EIS), NASUWT and AHDS took strike action in all primary schools on 10 January and all secondary schools on 11 January.
Members of the EIS took industrial action on 16 days between 16 January and 6 February.
- 16 January 2023 in East Lothian and Glasgow City Councils
- 17 January 2023 in North Ayrshire and Perth and Kinross Councils
- 18 January 2023 in Fife and Orkney Councils
- 19 January 2023 in Moray and North Lanarkshire Councils
- 20 January 2023 in Angus and Est Dunbartonshire Councils
- 23 January 2023 in East Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway Councils
- 24 January 2023 in East Renfrewshire and Stirling Councils
- 25 January 2023 in City of Edinburgh and South Ayrshire Councils
- 26 January 2023 in Midlothian and West Dunbartonshire Councils
- 27 January 2023 in Falkirk and Renfrewshire Councils
- 30 January 2023 in Aberdeenshire and Scottish borders Councils
- 31 January 2023 in Highland and West Lothian Councils
- 1 February 2023 in Aberdeen City and Highland Councils
- 2 February 2023 in Argyle and Bute and Dundee City Councils
- 3 February 2023 in Comhairle nan Eilean Siar and South Lanarkshire Council
- 6 February 2023 in Inverclyde and Shetland Councils
While not in scope of your enquiry, you may wish to note that, since 9 December 2022, members of NASUWT have engaged in ongoing industrial action that is short of strike.
You may also wish to note that the impact of industrial action in individual schools may vary depending on local union membership in that institution. Further information on the approach to industrial action taken by each union can be found on the relevant website, at: AHDS, Community, EIS, NASUWT, School Leaders Scotland and the Scottish Secondary Teachers’ Association.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback