The scope of this Impact Assessment
This document considers the impact of the extended school holiday period by a week, and the introduction of remote learning from January 2021 in light of COVID-19 on the following groups:
- Children and young people;
- Parents and carers; and
- School staff, both teaching and non-teaching.
This document collates the considerations of groups with protected characteristics in line with:
- An Equalities Impact Assessment (EQIA)
- A Fairer Scotland Duty Assessment (FSDA)
- An Island Communities Impact Assessment (ICIA)
- A Business and Regulatory Impact Assessment (BRIA)
It should be noted that this impact assessment considers the impact of a move to remote learning, and does not consider specifically the mitigating measures that are in place to protect staff and pupils who are currently attending school in person. Mitigating measures are outlined in the Coronavirus (COVID-19): Reducing risks in schools guidance, and the impact of those measures have been considered previously and separately in the associated impact assessment.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback