1. For more information on experimental statistics please see: http://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/news/assessment-and-designation-of-experimental-statistics.html
2. In November 2012, the Scottish Parliament approved the Homelessness (Abolition of Priority Need Test) (Scotland) Order 2012, found online at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2012/330/contents/made
3. This report is available online at: http://www.scottishhousingregulator.gov.uk/publications/housing-options-scotland-thematic-inquiry
4. Housing Options Guidance (March 2016) is available here: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2016/03/6556
5. The Annual (2018/19) Homelessness publication (published on 26 June 2019) reports the total number of homelessness applications and assessments (not the total number of unique households with an application or assessment); therefore, figures reported here differ.
6. Lost contacts prior to a homelessness assessment have reduced by three percentage points between 2009/10 and 2018/19. Where a homelessness duty is owed, lost contacts have reduced by six percentage points. (See Table 11 and 33 in the 2018/19 Annual Homelessness Statistics).
7. For more information, see Chart 2 in the Homelessness publication, linked above.
8. Further information on reasons for homelessness is found in the recent publication, Homelessness in Scotland: Annual Update: 2018/19, found online at: 2018/19 Annual Homelessness Statistics
9. Further information on definitions of types of information and advice can be found in: Scottish National Standards for Information and Advice Providers: A Quality Assurance Framework 2009 http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2010/10/08154126/0
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback