2. Survey results can be found at http://www.hobesco.com/
3. A thin section is a slice of rock cut thin enough to be transparent (~0.03 mm), so the mineral and textural characteristics of the rock can be examined using a microscope.
4. Grampian Housing Association properties have not yet been agreed for connection but a heat supply agreement may be established in the future.
5. LHD is a ratio of demand to pipe length (MWh/m) and can provide a good early stage indication of whether the network has enough demand to justify the initial capital costs of pipe installation.
6. Report to Aberdeenshire Council through AECOM (2013)
13. http://www.ukconversionfactorscarbonsmart.co.uk/, 'fuels' worksheet.
14. http://www.ukconversionfactorscarbonsmart.co.uk/, 'UK electricity' worksheet